View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1956 View Post
Traction- YES I get trials tire traction from a knobby without the things I disliked about a trials tire.
Feel- YES It is lighter and it can be felt, I've ran TuBliss and then bought my current bike that had HD tubes when I bought it...I'm tight (broke) so I ran the tires out and I could tell a considerable difference when I mounted TuBliss on tire change over + with the lower pressure there is a grip difference in the front as well

One issue I had when originally changing over was that you need to run 'tougher' tires- on the same course with tubes & MX51s they worked fine with tubes but with the TuBliss & MX51s the grip was so improved that I pulled knobs out of the carcass- you could stick your thumb in the hole and I ran 2 hours on that flat. Problem stopped when I moved to stiffer tires + you don't have to buy top dollar tires, I get great traction/wear from Sedona tires at much less cost
So big improvements in unsprung weight are the real catch here. Along with some improvements in traction. I haven't had any traction issues with the MX51 at lower pressures 8-12psi depending on terrain and pace. I have also managed to rip entire knobs out of the rear and tear side lugs from the fronts. Usually when running too low a pressure for the terrain. Love the tyres and the combo I'm running though. Not sure if it would be worth the effort and coin to make the change and then find a tyre I'm happy with again. I'll wait for Trev to report back