View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 06:17 PM

I ride with glasses. Heres my take. I do not use goggle inserts because when at a stop if you take off your goggles you go blind. If you gotta stop and work onthe bike and it hot as hell your gonnna get stuck doing that with goggles on. Instant fog city. I do not ride with just glasses as the dust would kill my eyes. I use scott turbo flow otg (over the glasses) goggles on a quick strap. When i come to a stop i pop the goggles off and let them hang so i don't fog up when at a stand still. When i take my helmet off i still have my glasses on and can see!! I don't have to walk around a store with my goggles on because the lenses to see with are stuck inside them. No need to carry a pair of glasses so you can see when you have your helmet off. I brought my goggles down to lens crafter and found a cheap frame that fit inside my goggles and use them exclusively for riding. That way you don't trash a good pair in a bad wreck. I would try the scott otg turbo flow on a quick strap first as thats the cheapest route. If that doesn't work you could try the progrip. I have no experience with them as the scotts work fine so i stopped there.

Don't just think about how you are going to see during the ride, but also think about how you are going to see during the ride when you are not riding!!! Goggle inserts would work on a track but if you are on an extended day ride and have stops along the way and it august and 90 degrees and humid as hell ...imo .... not a good idea.