View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 12:41 AM

I went with money in my hand to buy a new Pampera 13 years ago. At that time I was riding my first modern sized dirt bike (96 ktm 250) that somewhat intimidated me because it was top heavy and I was always falling over during low speed turns. The Pampera was close in size to the bikes I grew up on in the 70s so I just knew that it would be perfect for me - until I rode one - I hated it mostly due to the weird trials bike gearing (3 very low gears close together then a big gap to 4th) These bikes are also way too fragile for me to do much regular trail riding on but then I'm 85 pounds heavier than you. Your light weight will work against you though when you go to start a Pamp because they are high compression and hard to kick over for a 2stroke. The upside is the Pamp 2strokes are 25-30 pounds lighter than the 200-300 enduro models and seem 50 pounds lighter. They are also street legal everywhere I believe. And as would be expected they are also very capable at trials. Down side for me was it just was not much fun to trail ride. If the size and seat height is important to you a Honda 230 or similar bike would make a much better all around trail bike and be cheaper to buy. My wife had the 150 Honda play bike and it was a blast to ride in the tight stuff.
Oh by the way I did not buy that Pampera that I tried out I bought a slightly used GasGas ec200 instead. It had been lowered slightly and it was love at first ride.
P.S. My falling over in slow turns magically went away with the new bike.