View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I ordered my Lectron. Explained what bike, temperatures and elevation I ride at. Received it. Mounted it. Kicked the bike into life. Went riding.

Now, 10 hours of riding later, I have still not adjusted a thing on it. I have checked the plug, and it looks like it should.
Of course I don't know if the carb could have been better adjusted, as I haven't tried to change anything

Normally, I would try to adjust it. I'm the type of person who needs to understand how things work and usually like to modify (as in my KYB revalving thread).
OTOH, sometimes I just need something simple that just works, as I need to go riding / racing instead of wrenching. I feel the Lectron is such a thing.
I do agree. My Lectron setup took all of half a ride to test a 1/4 turn leaner, a 1/4 turn richer and find that the sweet spot actually fell between 2 adjustments. In terms of simplicity and ease of tuning, this carb offers it. Of course for the sake of experience I continued to test the adjustments back to back over a couple of rides in varying conditions/terrain, but ultimately continued to end up in the same place.