View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 09:27 PM

Ok guys I'm new to GG enduros. Had several trials. Anyway....I picked up a sweet 2010 ec300. Hands down the best bike I have owned. That's a long list too. To include Ktm 200, Ktm 300, husqvarna wr300,
Anyway the first ride on it it made a strange "silencer fell off" sound. So google brought me here. Lol so I pulled the powervalve assembly for cleaning. I was reading about the side to side play. And how I can stick. I noticed something that caught my eye. When I was removing the pv lever plate the nut was loose. It was barely touching the washer. Then during installation I snugged it down. Checked the operation by hand. About 3 out of 10 times the plate wouldn't return all the way. I backed the nut off just a tad. Just to take pressure off. Worked perfect!! So if your plate isn't sitting on the stop check this first.

Also I noticed a tad bit of side to side play. I was reading about some washer on the left side. I found some perfect washers at work. I put one between the bearings on the left side. Still a tad of play. So I put one more but it was too much, I removed one and installed the Allen head and washer that keeps the bearing in. Then I very lighty peened the washer right where the edge of the bearing is. I kept checking it until I got the desired pressure on the bearing without binding. 👍