View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 11:41 PM

Default 07 300 EC vs 07 or 08 KTM 300 xcw

Ok Ok, I know this has been brought up a jillion times but doing a search doesn't answer all my questions. Between my Son and I we own both an 07 and an 08 300 xcw. Here is what I know about both and what it has taken to get them ridable for us.I'll start with the 07:Front and rear resprung and revalved,subtanks,EE soft seat,JD jetting,Clay mod (Wossner domed piston),SST fmf pipe. Evaluation of the bike. Good:suspension way better than stock but could be better especially in the rear.Handling very good after adjusting the sag properly.Motor:has incredible bottom that will chug just about anywhere.Goes into a mid range that will 4th gear wheelie.The middle power valve spring smooths out that transition better.Has good top end.NOT SO GOOD:Relies on half race gas,rear suspension could be better,temperature and altitude sensitive until the motor work and JD jetting.The only complaint on the 08 is the suspension needs work for the trails and the rock hard seat.
Who has ridden both the GG and KTM and give an honest evaluation between the motors and suspension ? No bashing please .