Thread: 2013 ec250r
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

True that Nath. Very similar with the 2010. The 3 pins do give an odd feeling if one isn't lined up and kind of clicks as it locates in. I guess I just like to be able to give it a visual around the edge. Will come with time.

Appreciate the tips with the sikaflex. I've got a set of WP OC forks to get a start on in the morning and then will move onto the new ride. Gotta remember to change my front tyre on the oldie too.

I ran the compression gauge over the 2010 model with what must be around 85hrs on this piston and rings and got a reading of 135psi (on my inaccurate low reading gauge). So a drop of 5psi isn't too bad at all! The new bike also pushed out 140psi which leads me to believe the trapped volume on the two engines is likely very similar. The S3 head should transfer over and give a slight bump in compression if I use the single 0.5mm base gasket, while bringing the squish down to 1.25mm, or the same CR if I run 0.6mm gaskets and 1.35mm squish. So taking that into account that the S3 head was machined to reduce volume, then the squish on the new head will be a bit bigger than ideal. I'll still run it in and see how it compares.