View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fury1 View Post
back late in 2005 when my local dealer had a test ride day,i got to test every 2006 model gas gas made,i was an "A" rider racing a 2003 EC125,the course consisted of some rocky cart roads and plenty of singletrack as well,i thought the 300 and the 450 were by far the fastest bikes for me that day, they just flat out handled all the rocks without deflecting. i bought a 300 to race the next season. one of the local riders used a demo 450 at one of our races,he was flying and the bike sounded sooo nice, im thinking if I were to pick up a 400+ for a dual sport it would be much better than a DRZ for me...enjoy!

Yup... This bike belts out such a beautiful sound & the power delivery is so smooth & mellow I can't believe it.

The guy I bought it from really had it set up well. I'm just hoping its dependable. It's a little crude on the street past ~55-60+mph, but it's worth it once I get to the trails/gravel. Has one of the most comfortable stand up positions I have ridden on for my towering 5'7" frame.

I have on order some anti-vibe handlebar inserts from FlexxCo. That's really the only bad part past 55mph. Up until that it really is a relaxing bike to ride on Tennessee back roads. Honestly last time I rode it I was thinking it might be more comfy than my Hypermotard 1100 Evo sp.