View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
You deserve a big thank you for stepping up as trail boss.
It is a thankless job.

I wish every rider could be in our shoes to know what is involved in putting on an event.

After putting on 6 Texas State enduros and one National, I have officially given up on putting on events. Being a punching bag ain't no fun.

Thanks for that. I know about the punching bag part, Ive seen it all to many times. It sucks when that happens! If the individual only realized what it takes to put an event on they would probably think twice about bitchin! We're all just a bunch of volunteers trying to give competitive people a way to play. I have Been helping our club put on 4 different style events per year for quite a few years now, and told them I would be trail boss if we changed our harescramble we have done for many years to an ISDE. So guess what happened, BINGO! Were putting on an ISDE formated race.

My main reasons for wanting to change from a Harescramble.
There is only 1 other ISDE in our NMA off road series now, all the others went away. The racers voices have been heard, they have been saying they really miss these.
But the #1 reason. When we put on a hare scramble it is on private land and all the trail work we do building and maintaining trail is for some individual to prosper from. When we put on this style of event we can obtain a permit to hold it on public land which in turn all the trail work our club does goes to the public trails system and everyone reaps the rewards. I must say I must have had a premonition about needing more public trail work this season cause with in a few months of saying I would take on this role we had the major storms. It makes taking on this job a bit more stressful but it will be well worth it in the end.

On a side note I see Houston for your location. I don't know how you guys ride and race in the summer there, I spent a summer there some 25 years ago and the humidity off the gulf of Mexico and the down right heat combined to make it very miserable. I wear Moose Sahara gear up here and have overheated. I bet winter riding rocks though.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!