Thread: Dunlop AT81RC
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 04:20 PM
Banned

O.k. I said I would give a report after my ride......

Here it is after a 3 hour 52 mile ride. The set up is Tubliss with the pressure @ 3psi. The ride was typical desert for here, rocky, loose soil with a lot of sandy washes thrown in. The 120 has an obviously much larger footprint then the 110 I ran before. This tire has the same carcass an soft center knobs as the previous tire. Ok, enough pleasantries.....this MF'r flat out hooks up! From the first blip of the throttle in second gear the bike lurched forward and threw the front tire up nearly vertical....to my panicked amazement, I was not expecting that! The tire through any turn, flat, bermed and off-camber, it stuck to the ground like Velcro. Even in some of the washes we have a few 2-3 foot step ups that require a bit of momentum to get up them clean. This tire I could idle up to them blip the throttle and be up and over no problem. The tire inspires alot of confidence. It has become my tire of choice, except for the fact that Dunlop has now had a near 10% price increase on tires and has passed it on to the dealers who in turn pass it on to the consumer. That now puts this tire $4.00 shy of $100, which is a bit much considering I put on a new rear every month and a half. Unfortunate Dunlop has done this, but whatta ya do!!!

I also installed one of these inexpensive Sedona tires on the front.

This is the 887 in an intermediate compound in a 80/100x21. For $50 figured it was worth a try. Installing it was a PITA due to the stiff sidewalls. Started the day with 11psi. At that psi I could feel the tire being really busy and deflecting quite a bit. Ended up @ 6psi. Surprisingly this tire did very well. The bike went where ever I pointed it and never broke a line all day. As you can see it shows very little wear. I'm curious as to how long the tire will last and hold it's performance? I'll be back on here when it is time to change it out and give a longevity report.