View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004ec200 View Post
Bike starts first kick, with or without choke. will idle till warm. Won't idle for long once hot. Idle just keeps slowing till it stalls. I've tryed adjusting the air screw but it dosnt seem to have much affect (weird). Bike will stall if screwed all the way in so it is working. Idle screw is all the way in. No dents in pipe, muffler may need to be repacked. spark plug looks great (not wet and a nice tan/brown color). Just a note of spooge out the exhaust, looks normal. Power valve closes and is working. Running NAVGAS (leaded airplane fuel, 100 octaine) at 45:1 with HP2 synthetic racing oil. pulled the carb and found the following:
165 main
50 slow
NBHW needle 2nd clip
Hey Tom - welcome to the GG world and forum!

I'm by no means a jetting expert (more like novice), but we have a couple of EC200s and I've been trying to get my wife's (our 2nd) 200 dialed in.

First off, given your elevation and temps, my guess is your pilot jet is WAY too rich. That would explain the lack of bottom end and not wanting to do anything until you open her up a little.

I'd try going down to a 42 PJ and see how she responds. I don't know anything about that needle, but hopefully Jakobi will chime in as he has lots of knowledge (as do others on here).

Have you checked this thread: http://gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17437 ? Not trying to insult your experience or intelligence, but there are some things to check that might help get you pointed in the right direction.

If the bike starts on the first kick cold w/o choke, that's a sign that your PJ is too rich too.

Good luck getting her jetted, I'm testing changes on my wife's 200 today and will report back in the thread I started.

And again...welcome!