View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 06:38 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004ec200 View Post
What fuel do you use (unleaded pump or Nav Gas)?

Per the manual the standard settings are:
Unleaded fuel = 185 main and 38 pilot
leaded fuel = 160 main and 35 pilot

So I figured the bike had the 182/42 in it but discovered the 165/50 when I took a look.
I'm running 98 premium without ethanol (there are a few stations around and I always make sure to buy this for all our bikes).

I'd take what the manual says with a big grain of salt...lol. 154 MJ and 34MJ is super lean, maybe if you were riding at 10k feet, but that's awfully lean given your elevation.

I just made a big break through on my wife's 200; playing with the NEDH needle and ended up finding the best response at #2. #3 was ok, but still a little too rich, #2 has absolutely wonderful throttle response and it's silky smooth as I roll on.

Another caveat I need to add is I had the RB Head Mod done; waited a couple months on my 200 and that was just stupid - Ron's head mod is the best $75 I spent on the bike

Anyway, back to your bike. What slide does that have in it?

I'd start with either a 40 or 42 PJ and 170 or 172 MJ and test from there. I'm not sure where that NBHW needle stands on the chart, but if you're getting good response 1/4 to 3/4, it's probably in the ball park - though I'm sure that'll change as you lean out the PJ and fatten up the MJ.

If you want to make your head spin, head over to KTMTalk.com and search through some of the jetting threads on the 200s. One of their members (Jerseydevil) has a ton of knowledge and that's how I came to order the NECH and NEDH needles for my wife's 200.

Keep us posted on how it's going