View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFastTim View Post
I used to think, 25 odd years ago, that trials bikes were pussy cats. Docile, small, light and nothing intimidating about them. .
This quote totally describes my 04 beta 200. I let my buddies 8 yr old kid ride it. It was exactly what I was looking for in a trials bike because I had no idea what I wanted but have had plenty of experience with big bore dirtbikes. I know what it's like when the bike wants to take you for a ride. I figured if I was going to be operating a new kind of bike in tight, slightly dangerous to down right dangerous quarters I did not need one that would launch itself at the slightest misstake. In fact I test rode both the beta 200 and a gg 280 pro back to back. I had one minor slip on the throttle and the 280 hoooooked up in hurry. I almost hit a damn house!! I was like screw that .. don't need that happening in the tight stuff. I took the beta. My first impressions from my first real ride was, this is cool, not so easy, who knew riding around a little rock out crop for twenty minutes could wear your ass out so fast.

A raga in the wrong hands could be fatal!! Not a bike for noobs .. thats for sure. I've had a number of older, very experienced trialers tell me the 200 is perfect and I should not need to upgrade to anything bigger. And if I want something bigger I should not gt it until I can ride the snot out of the 200!! I'm a long way from that!!