View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 06:12 PM

Default Clutch questions. '05 EC300

Been in the saddle of my '05 EC300 a lot more this year, and am loving it. I started riding with a couple of buddies (both are riding 2013 KTM 300s), and they are pushing me real hard, and I am definitely improving fast. (Just bought the EC300 last year, my 1st dirtbike I've ever owned, at the age of 41). They have been riding, and racing, for a long time, and the rides we have been doing are 3-4 hours of tight single track, lots of logs to cross, roots, rocks, creek crossings, and seriously steep hills. Lots of catch-up rests for them; I am whipped by the end, what a workout!
Maybe its me improving, or not knowing any better cuz this is the only dirtbike Ive ever had, but the clutch is super annoying. Gotta pull it all the way to the grip to fully engage, and I've got a 1/2-1 inch only, from the bar, til it starts grabbing. If you aren't on the gas by then, stall. Funny thing though, you can feather the clutch at about 1/2 pull to get the revs up. Tried bleeding it, tried the adjuster on the 'plunger', but still feels the same.
Any ideas? I read in here about how sweet the Gas Gas clutch is......how IS it supposed to feel?
Thanks!