View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
So you flipped the bike, which in your own words is "very rare", and you expect another pair at a heavily discounted price?
Expectations are a very personal thing and vary from person to person and in my case are based on how I treat my customers. I sell cabinets which have (by law) a one year warranty. I make no additional warranty but will replace any defective part or make any needed adjustment for free for the rest of my working life.
As for the rest of NOOBI'S comments they make no common sense so no reason to respond but I will answer his one question -
[/QUOTE] Were the bars newer than 6 months? [/QUOTE]
No the bars were about 9 months old when broken and I knew they were no longer under warranty.
Please reread my comments they were not derogatory of the T.E. bars, the T.E. company, or their warranty. I just stated facts. I did snap my bars completely into 2 pieces. They appear to be version two because they are completely mat black (no carbon fiber mat visible) and I was told that the original version has that carbon fiber look. I did call T.E. about returning the broken bar for inspection. I did not demand free or highly discounted replacement, I didn't demand anything, I was very polite and friendly. They did offer a small discount on replacement. They were not interested in getting the broken bars back for inspection until I came on this forum months later and told you folks about the break. Finally with the T.E. hand guards on my factory alum. bars I get almost enough flex to make me happy. I do believe that I can come up with a "softer" way to mount the alum. bars that will make me even happier and not have to spend another $230 on handle bars.

[/QUOTE]