Thread: Dunlop AT81RC
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 12:01 AM

Hi there, kind of strange for a first post. More strange as I don't own a Gas Gas. But I did want to give my feedback on the AT81RC on both my KTM300 and Beta 520RS.

I want to mirror Desertgasser 300 feedback on the tire. On my 300 I'm running the low profile one as well. I have about 20 hours on this one as you see it here.

I'm running the AT81 both front and rear on my 300. I had 3 lbs in the and left the valve core loose on accident. The guy who I let ride it was running it 6 lbs front and 0 lbs rear! To top it all off, he is a pro level rider and told me it was the best tire setup he had ever ridden. We were doing a mixture of nasty, rocky single track and fast fire roads. I'm shocked he did not peel all the knobs off!

Now on the the Beta. I'm a "C" rider at best and was just plugging along at mellow trail pace. I have the 110/100 AT81 Desert in the rear 3 lbs and a 908 Rally Raid in the front with 6 lbs.

Holy cow! What a E-Ticket ride! I have tried every tire "fad" under the sun including the trials tire. Nothing compares to this setup with the Tubliss system. I crawled up everything I tried. No drama on steep downhills either. great traction and I can corner with much more confidence than before.

After I wear out the low profile on on my 300, I too will be getting the "big daddy" 120/90 18 AT81 desert for it.