Thread: Carb settings
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 08:21 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

adjust float level first!seems a pretty rich pilot,my 2013 ec200r was stock with a 42p 175 nozh needle slide 6.even that was a tad rich,went to a 40p(pwks 38mm as2 carb which jet a bit leaner).id prob start with a 45.move down until ur airscrew is 1.5 to 2.5 out.get it in this range and the screw will also be more sensitive making it easier to tune.i found dropping 1 jet size = approx. 1 turn on th screw.sounds like u could go 2 sizes down initially?mine usually starts 1st or 2nd kick,needs choke for 20 secs,idles,and doesn't get blubbery so quick when tooling around,th transition onto pipe is smoother,throttle response better.for a little more finetuning u could try a 40:1(slightly leaner)mix.wonder what ur 2004 recommends as mix ratio?later model recommends 50:1(im on 40:1),dont know about th needle and main combo,172 seems borderline lean but th needle may be richer than stock at wot. im nz sea level to 500m 5 to 30 degC.some spooge is no bad thing,if u eliminate it entirely ur prob too lean,too hot and th oils reached its limits or else ur oil has a v low flashpoint.seems odd to me that with such a rich pilot ur not getting some spooge,or plenty of smoke?what size is ur carb?,could be a 36mm,which takes richer?i think, jetting.but that pilot still seems v rich to me.i wouldn't start with a 38p tho,small steps,1 at a time.if u end up several steps leaner it might be wise to bump that main up to a 175/178 as th leaner pilot will also slightly lean mix across th whole rev range.good luck,and there are some 200 settings in th jetting database,if u trawl for a bit,u should get a feel for a needle/jet combo to get u started.firfighters settings look good to me although hes on a different slide/needle