View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 04:24 PM

Default Thanks for advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSREID View Post
dont go soft on the springs to try and fix your problem, they are not the problem. the springs hold you and the bike up in the stroke,so choose the right ones for your weight. bigger springs are not harsher,in fact the opposite. a stronger (dont call them stiffer because they are not) spring with very little preload on it will give you a great plush ride,and you will be able to use all the suspension travel that your bike came with. a weaker spring collapses under your weight so you are half way through the travel as soon as you get on the bike. not good! winding up the preload on the front and or the rear to get proper sag settings just makes a soft spring harsh and choppy. i'm 195 lbs before being geared up,and i run .46 fork springs,and a .56 on the rear of my 11 ec300. my bike is smooth and plush, and never beats me up in the rocks. as others have said, and i agree, get a revalve,at least on the forks for your skill level and the type of terrain you ride.
I am going lighter in a sense that mine are standard 80-90 kg springs , i have a suspension company order me the ones to suit my 70kg (naked) weight.