Old 08-06-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopsycho87 View Post
Hi everyone!

I've currently got my bike jetted at

Pilot - 42
Needle - CEK 3rd clip
Main - 178

The bottom and top end feel great, but I have a flat spot in the middle (I've played with power valve shims, and am at my most pokey), I'm also suffering 4 stroking at high rpm with constant throttle (not under acceleration).

This is on a 2006 EC300 with the round top PWK38 (AS1?), at sea level with ambient temperature from -10 to 30 centigrade (currently about the 20's). Can anyone recommend me a needle? Dropping the CEK to the 2nd clip makes the bottom end quite weak, and only helps the 4 stroking a little bit.

Thanks!
Granted each bike can run with different jetting setups, I think you may be a little lean on clip position and could be lean in the middle. Going to the fourth position with a CEK is the same as a CCK in the 2nd. I run a 42 and a 178 and CCK in the 2nd and I'm running at 2,500 to 4000ft at 25C. At your temp and elevation I'm quite sure I'd be lean.Try the fourth position.

I also like N3CG (3) with a 42 and 178. Going back and forth from N3CG (or EG) to the CCK I do have to adjust the air screw to get the ideal low end response. The N3's seem to be a bit richer in the first 3/8's or so of throttle compared to the CCK. I will run the CCK at about 1.5 turns out but the N3CG at 2.25 or 2.5. The N3CG is just a half clip leaner than a N3EG.

This is on a 2006 EC300 AS1 with RB head mod.