Thread: Stolen Gas Gas
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 04:42 PM

You should be able to enhance that tag number. Just FYI, bc I'm a trial attorney,there are a lot of business, traffic cameras,bank ATMs and other surveillance on that street. You could go door to door checking for surveillance tapes/discs. Most businesses will only keep that info a few days then their recording systems will start to tape over the prior recorded data. So,this data could be lost if it isn't preserved.

Traffic camera data could be discoverable as well. Also, that looks like a delivery/corporate van of some type. See if there were any delivery and/or service at that location or close by. Most corporate vans have GPS navigation tracker so they can be tracked if you can identify the corporation/company.

As well, some thiefs lose their cool when they leave the scene. Have law enforcement check traffic patrol citations including parking citations for a one hour window on each side of the theft time. It's not likely to get any media coverage for a photo in a big city unlike a small town, but you could make flyers of the van and person with a reward for information and distribute them in the neighborhood. Also, look at the third frame, there is someone in the dark car pulling out of the same location and the driver of the dark car is passing on the same side of the driver of the van, that is your witness who might help in identifying the driver or the van. With witnesses it is much better to talk them sooner than later.

I'll check a couple of things and get back to you.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar

Last edited by Moto7man; 08-22-2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Addition