View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2day View Post
I watched the last 20 minutes of the video yesterday - had to laugh when you were counting the switch backs on the way down...LOL. I'm not sure which I enjoy less, crazy switch backs on the way up or on the way down. I always have a tough time with the right handers going down - seem to fall more often than not.

How many miles did you cover when riding that Alpine trail? And where did you guys go after that; did you have to head back up and then down to get back to your rigs, or was there a connecting trail you could take back towards where you started?

That riding really reminds me or riding in the Giff, lots of fun and elevation
We covered 19 miles and it was an in and back out trail, nothing we could find on the map connected to it. I believe the total count for switch back was 120. This was only half of the trail, when we got back to camp we had a look at the map and found out we still had another 10 miles or so of trail we skipped. Apparently the other half of it started across the road when we came to the trail head. The trail is rumored to have a total of 250 switch backs. I'm bummed we didn't complete it, but not bummed enough to go back anytime soon....lol. With that damned rad hose blowing off it took us awhile to complete what we did and only had enough time to do this one trail that day.