Thread: Break Down
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 08:29 PM

Default Break Down

Had a crappy day riding yesterday.

About 30 miles into a 70 mile loop my bike decided it was done. It started making an awfull/expensive growl and quit moving forward and I promptly shut it off. Bike would not stay in gear or neutral. The only hint it gave was a couple of false neutrals right before it went and it fouled the case oil(Rotella) quicker than normal. My brother and I took the side cover off in hpoes of an obvious trailside fix but none was to be found. We then spent the next 2 hours pushing, pulling and cursing the bike up a steep seitchbacked trail to a point where we could tow it out 4-5 miles of trail to a gravel road then 20 miles back to the truck.

To add insult to injury on the way way home I hit a large pothole in the middle of a sharp corner and looked back in horror to watch my broken yet pretty SE flying off the trailer! Damage was minimal only a little road rash to the handguard, pipe and footpeg. I have always made fun of idiots who let their bikes fall off a truck or trailer, now I am one of them.

I will be doing a teardown Sunday night and ordering parts asap. Anyone know of a GASGAS dealer open on Monday?

Paul B