View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 04:32 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

the stock bash plate on the 13 lasts about 5 min,not sure on later models.mine tore right down the middle on a tree root infested step down after a couple rides.had a p3 pipeguard from new which seems to hold up pretty well,so ordered a p3 plate also and has been fine(also protects waterpump and flywheel cover).the pipeguard fit perfectly,the bash plate required a little enlarging of bolt holes,but no big deal.good quality but pricey by the time it ships to nz!i put mecca rad braces on and theyre solid as,but had to relieve a little with the grinder to clear shrouds,and the shroud lugs don't quite fit the grommets as well as id like.the suspension is good stock for tight stuff but thers quite a lot of rebound kick in the front when riding faster(13 ec200).i mention this because I nearly got spat off the back on my 2nd ride!3rd gear flat out up a steepish hill with a nice ramp on top,bike went straight up vertical and landed squarely on the back wheel and guard,stopped dead vertical with a sickening crunch,threw it sideways and pirhouetted 180,somehow threw a leg over and straight back down hill.thought for sure id broken something so straight home to check it out.all good so the composite subframe passed the test!(the '12 subframe wasn't so flash,ive heard)im an hour north of chch with some nice technical single track that was used for Canterbury and national mtb cross country events a couple years back,so PM me if your keen on that kind of riding.im assuming youre in chch,chchnick?oops my bad,was still on page 1 when wrote this.i see you've bought your bits and are in chch!which greta ride are you referring too?if you've been on andy hamiltons up the motonau road you've been in the back end of my place already(enduro section down steep manuka gully overlooking motonau island?)