View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 05:12 PM

Rode yesterday with the same jetting, 40p, AS1.5, N3CJ#3, 178m.
1100m asl, 12-22 deg C, 90% - 45% humidity.
Started the day trail cutting so putting along with a chainsaw on the back clearing fallen trees off an old track. Mostly 2nd and 1st slow speed. Temp at the time was 12 deg C and climbing, humidity started at 90% and was falling. The few times I did give it a bit power felt good, a little fat/doughy and burbly off the bottom but that's to be expected at the altitude considering it was jetted for sea level.
Came back at lunch, 27k's covered = 2.7l fuel. Not too bad.
Kitted up and went riding, 33k's of faster 2,3,4th gear single with the occasional techy hill thrown in. Temp was around 22-25 deg C and humidity had dropped to 45%.
Up top bike felt good, good overrev and power. Off the bottom I had good torque, still a tad fat but not too bad, after working it hard it idled up on occasion but never run on or got hot. Mid was a bit fat and doughy, and power suffered as a result, made it difficult to lift the front wheel over logs etc and powering out of corners it lacked balls. I could have/should have dropped the needle a clip to compensate for the altitude but I was lazy. Fuel use wasn't bad at 3.5l given I was fat through the mid.
This jetting is showing promise. As it starts getting cooler I'll either up the pilot or drop the diameter back to a N3CW.

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC