Thread: Parts!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 09:14 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Honda parts - Three days from central warehouse, then have to return to store to pick up. Almost nothing "red" in stock except jets and spark plugs.
Kawasaki MINIMUM seven days for anything, then have to return to store to pick up. Same as Honda for brand specific.
Suzuki - Had a great dealer (RIP Aurora Suzuki), anything ordered was three days, then have to return to store to pick up. I rarely ordered anything from Suzuki because the stock was so extensive, but again, then have to return to store to pick up.
Yamaha - Same as all of the above, requiring another trip to pick up.
KTM - I bought one thing (ONE) - the 1.8 bar radiator cap. In stock. $35. Ouch.
GasGas - Order online, have it at my house in a week or less, depending if it was warehouse or in stock.

Therefore, I see nothing between the brands as far as "non-consumable parts," as almost nothing is in stock except aftermarket parts (exhaust, tinted windscreens, etc).

Sorry to hear that you are basing your bike purchasing decisions on the actions of one dealer. I would find a better dealer and build a relationship. I have "sponsorship" through a shop, they help me out with everything not brand specific. Other wise I head to the source and get it going and deal with the same stuff as any brand.