View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doutsh View Post
Wow, a lot of info, thanks for that!
I didn't even know that the slide was a parameter in the jetting. The stock one in my bike is 7.
Both the setups that worked for you are much richer than mine...
Maybe it's because you ride hare scrambles which (for my understanding) includes a lot of high-RPM parts?
I'm riding mostly slow semi-technical singles in the forest with rocks and turns, so I'm looking to improve my lower end, and don't need to ride too rich.
That said, we do go on a fast desert/sand rides once in a while, and while I know I can't expect optimal jetting for these cases as well, I need at least to make sure that I won't melt my piston on these rides.

Any recommendations for these conditions from all the setups you've tried?
Sorry about the jumbled mess of a post above, but for some reason I couldn't fix anything, because it was erasing words as I tried to fix them.

I would recommend that you start out using a CCL needle in the #4 clip with a 50 pilot and a 185 main. Set the air screw 2 turns out to start. You may very well need to go leaner. This is just to get you started on the right track safely

The 125's simply create way less draw through the carburetor, and therefore need to be jetted much richer, especially on the needle diameter and main. If you do try any of the multi taper needle, I would start off in the F/G diameter range to start off with while using that #7 slide.

Keep this in mind, A CEL needle jet is basically the exact same as the CCL, with the exception of it(CEL) being 2 clip positions leaner. This will give you room to go leaner using that same 1.34 taper, if you need to.

Last edited by MJC; 07-16-2015 at 12:47 PM.