View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
On my new (to me) 2015 EC200 I have static sag at 30 and race sag at ~95 according to my mate who helped me measure it up.

I think this sounds strange as I am approx 85kg (~187lbs) naked and would have expected a higher value for the race sag. The installed OEM spring is 52N/mm. According to the owner's manual I should have a 54 or 56 N/mm spring. But at these measuremens the 52 spring looks to be spot on. How come?

I don't know how many hours the bike had with the previous owner, but it's not been used a lot. Perhaps 20 hrs.

I'll take it out on the first ride tomorrow and look forward to see how it all works out.
My 15 250 has some strange sag numbers also?

When on the stand I'm 10mm less overall then my older bikes, very noticeable with the bikes side by side.
From the factory it had 40mm static sag and 90mm race sag with my weight at 160 lbs. With this setting rear of the bike feels too low.
So I added one turn of preload(which worked on my 12's that are at 30mm static and 98mm race)
Now at 35mm static sag and 85mm race sag???? (but feels better) I might just set the static sag to 30mm and see how it acts.
The bike is running and handling well, but my carb and rear suspension settings are way off from what I expected.

I sure wish I could pin point what they changed from 14 to 15.