View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Not an expert,but
FWIW,heres what ive found-
Not sure youll get "plush" easily with this fork,but that doesnt mean it doesnt work quite well.my issue was the front was kickin up over whoops and the bike wasnt balanced.the front was "hard bouncy",and wasnt in sync with the rear.
marzocchi48,ohlins88 2013
stock fork setting was too stiff in comp(top clicker),and too aggressive in rebound(bottom clicker).ie.front kicked/deflected and arms ached from feedback!
got it fairly neutral by going 3,4 clicks out on comp from stock(softer,faster rate),and 6,7 clicks in on rebound to 13out(slowing return rate)from stock(20out).pfp all the way out(zero)
it feels a lot smoother,but then its no longer pogoing and fighting me!
still wouldnt call it plush however!perhaps firm and planted?
rear is close to stock settings,around 98mm sag,1or2 clicks out(faster)rebound,comp 1click in(slower) from stock
so basically allow front too move deeper into stroke and return slower,and rear to move a little less into stroke and return a little faster
bike is way more settled,ride is a lot smoother,arms are happier.
changes in oil volume and oil weight may well help but i also think these forks are a little sticky in the seals,especially first 50hrs from new,which will feel like too much preload/poor low speed damping/harshness
mine have never been serviced (80hrs) or revalved as yet...but with some hrs on,and the damping in check,they feel a lot better
the pfp is the triangular center nut on top of tubes.a 22mm socket with bars off,or a ground thin 22mm ring spanner will fit.it feels stiff(spring press)to turn,wind out(anti clock)until it"softly"runs out of travel.thats zero.stock should have been around 2 full turns in from there but as far as i can discern,everyone backs them off to zero or 1/2 turn in.1 turn is 0.5mm extra preload i think,on top of the base internal preload

Last edited by barossi73; 11-04-2015 at 02:00 AM.