View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
You need to remember there are two sides to ever story. I was surprised by that story you mentioned so I did some additional searching and I actually found a response from Eric on another site and it painted a very different picture of the situation.

I have been sending work to Eric Gorr for the last 10 years he has always been professional, knowledgeable, and I have found his work to be very high quality.
z-man, I am glad things went well for you. But given what I have seen - I feel a responsibility to warn people. If you look around the web - you will find quite a few stories - too many to write off as "the customer's fault..."

It is not an isolated incident.

Before the GG riders club member had trouble and reported it here - I had personal knowledge of a cylinder that came back "destroyed" by Eric Gorr. Gouges in the cylinder walls (got wild with the die grinder/porting tool) , the power valves "had the shit ground out of them" and required replacement. Gorr eventually did supply a used replacement cylinder and power valves - but it took a bit for him to answer phone calls. Only after I told my friend how to block caller ID did he start to pick up the phone. (He wouldn't pick up the phone if he saw it was my friend calling about the damage he had done...)

jeff