View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
So no first hand experience?

I've owned both chassis' (2010 and 2013) and put extensive hours on both. I still own both! Both have 250 engines, both have had the ports cleaned up heads machined to similar spec, have been setup in terms of suspension and engine tune. I don't think I have put any seat time on the 2010 in the last 12 months, and it's the bike with all the fruit (TTX both ends; sprung and valved to suit, S3 head, basically nambo spec).

From those who have also owned both the general consensus is the same. Sure the 12+ have their own set of issues, both the frame isn't it. Also in saying that, I believe they have made some changes/refinement to it at some stage from 14-15 as well.

Like others, I'd like to see KYB SSS forks, and would also like a 16mm shaft version of the KYB shock to be used. Simply because they work and parts and knowledge is abundant.

Weight isn't a deal breaker for me, and isn't noticed in motion (not in a negative way anyway), however I would like to see a few kgs drop off the scales - but not at the expense of structural integrity.

Fasteners are worlds ahead on the newer models, but still leave you scratching at times. Room for improvement, and probably improve the factory cost in both parts and time.

Basically GG have an old but proven engine, and a set of geometry figures that just work well together. They have the most important part of the equation done. They just need to stop sourcing boutique parts, improve the quality control, and hold the rest of the bike to some kind of standard. Too many mix/match/variation from one bolt to the next, one bike to another, country to country, etc.
Thanks.

Think I only know 4 people with all the people I ride with that have GG's and I am one of them, no one with a 2012 or newer...and that is belonging to 3 AZ clubs there for awhile. Never had chance to see one in person, let alone ride one. For all the complaining I have read, even from one of the dealers...just assumed the new chassis wasn't all that good.

Weight...I don't notice while riding, only when I have to pick it up out of holes or over obstacles...and lets be honest most of us aren't Jarvis...we will have get-offs...and have to pick it up off the ground from time to time, up over blow downs and such. I can really feel the girth compared to my KTM's.

My back isn't what it used to be either.

Last edited by Mick; 11-13-2015 at 08:31 PM.