View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 02:05 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsimon View Post
Well after you posted this while the exhaust is off I thought it would make sense just to have alook at the power valve through the exhaust, looks like its stuck at something near closed. Bugger. Ive never done anything with powervalves so ive started reading, I then thought I cant be doing with this and thought ill book it in at a garage to sort but then having thought about it, if I didnt do it now I wouldnt understand it if it goes wrong in the future, so I guess u need to order gaskets for pv left and right and clutch gasket drain coolant and then just dive in and see whats what

edit/
reading seems to suggest it could be stuck from carbon build up on either side so maybe best place to start would be just remove the PV covers and clean everything out best I can from there or should I just remove everything?
Have you removed the actuator rod to see if the PV flapper moves freely? It won't move unless you unhook it. If you rotate the flapper without unhooking the linkage, there is a very likely chance that you will dislodge the actuator balls and have big problems.