Thread: Spring/Sag ?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 09:35 PM

Default Spring/Sag ?

Getting ready to send my suspension out. not sure if i should keep rear spring 54 or go to a 56

Butt nekid i'm 190 to 195. geared up with tool belt and full camel back i come in about 220.

Going by the general rule, If your race sag is at 4", your static sag should be between 1" and 1 1/2". Less or more static sag means your over or under sprung. My bike has a 54 spring on the rear and static sag is at 7/8 of an inch. Tecnically i guess this means i should go with a 56. However i'm guessing you could get your 1" static sag by adding a little more race sag. Say 4 1/4 or 4 1/2" (which if i was smart i probably would have tried today) But if your a little under sprung that means your not getting the benefit of all the stroke. which means your valving is gonna kick in at the wrong point in the stroke. I need all the stroke i can get!!! phuck my head is starting to hurt. yeah i know too much stroking. anyway I guess i should have them put a 56 on it and try. I could always go back down to the 54 which i already have.