View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 10:44 PM

Default First Ride on '15 EC300E

Hey, I finished my first ride on my "like new" 2015 Endurocross just yesterday! Mixed the gas 50:1 like the company's manual suggests for synthetic 2-stroke oil, then rode mostly slow, rocky (1st or 2nd gear) single-track here in the north woods. When I did get into the pipe at the end of the ride, the engine suddenly fell on its face, bogged-down and stalled-out, but then would fire right back up and run okay at low rpm. Idle seemed a little high during the ride to me, the air filter looked pretty clean, and there was plenty of gas in the tank. Some unburnt fuel also dripped out of the silencer. I haven't pulled the spark plug yet. According to the dealer where it was purchased, the carburetor has already been set-up "perfectly" for Upper Michigan and to "just ride it". Also, today a staff member at GasGas US told me that the mix ratio should be around "35:1 and that the 50:1 listed in the manual is for the break-in period".

Any ideas on what happened, what the proper fuel mixture should be, or what I should do next? Hopefully I haven't damaged the engine...