View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXR View Post
Thanks Ian, Jeff, Widebear, and Erik.

I've got a stock Gas Gas pipe. It does have a 1/2 inch deep ding in it, I don't know how much that will effect the power. From all of your posts, I'm thinking it probably is the powervalve and jetting. From what Eric was saying, I should be getting a more linear progression of power through the top end, instead of it just signing off after the midrange. If you guys think the ding in the pipe is a big deal, and my jetting isn't the LTR set up, I might just get that Power package that has the Doma pipe etc. How much difference does that Power Valve Cover from LTR & their jetting kit make? Also, will aftermarket reeds make a big difference? If so, what brand is best?
If it's a big ding 1/2" deep then it will be having some effect on power delivery, exactly what would be hard to tell. Considering how similar pipes with differents characteristic look it's got to be having an effect. I don't think the PV cover makes any difference to top end and indeed not very noticeable at any range on the 300. I tried it and removed it. Bike felt smoother without. EC200 owners have a very different take on them and find them a big improvement. For jetting, I found Pobit's suggestion for smooth delivery the best I've ever tried. He also posted suggestions for top end orientated jetting.