View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
It is 25mm on both 06 and 15. I think the 25mm axle was introduced around 02-03.
But don't panic (yet). There are some really low profile ball bearings out there, in case you start out with e.g. a japanese hub intended for 20mm.

Sent fra min E5603 via Tapatalk
Good to know, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Some measurements from my wheels. 06 and 15 wheels are interchangeable.
These measurements are taken with my caliper (fully analog) in a cold and dark(ish) shed, and may be a mm or two off in any direction. But I hope it is good enough for your needs just now. If you need 100% accuracy, I can try to do it better :-)

Front:
hub width is 100 mm. The brake disk is "outside" the hub, so the total width including the brake disk is a few mm more than 100. I didn't measure the width including spacers, but when you remove the spacers, the distance from bearing outside to bearing outside is approx. 83mm.

Rear:
total width including spacers: 170mm
hub width: 155mm
I didn't measure the width over just the bearings (as I did on the front), but I presume its around 140-145.
distance between inside of sprocket to inside of brake disk: 150

As I said earlier, the front is pretty easy to adapt. As long as you are willing to accept a few mm offset from the bike's center line it will be plug and play (with a new pair of distances). If needed, some sideways adjustment can be done by loosening spokes on one side and tightening on the other.

The challenge with the rear is that you need a hub where it's easy to get the correct distance between the sprocket and the brake disk by shimming either disk or sprocket out (the best is of course to find a hub with the same distance). It's starting to get nasty if you have a hub where the distance is too big in the first place. At the same time you'd like to get a hub that that places the rim close to the center of the bike.
Thanks a lot for your huge help
I'll get back to you if necessary and will let you know about the news !

Antoine