View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
I'm totally jealous....but looking (when the stars and $$$ align) to make the change as well from my butterscotch orange 97 250. (that's a keeper forever though)

I've lurked enough to know a bit

Meca Systems aluminum is an awesome skid plate but the Hyde IS super protective
P3 carbon fiber guard if it's available over the E-line which has cheapened
2K2 you can easily add flywheel weights to if needed so no problem here
2K3 is easy switch but you have to purchase it. Heavy flywheel, 110 watt light output so you can run about anything you want. Nice
RB mods are great and I think he has a needle as well otherwise LT
I think the new GG bikes have an aluminum impeller already (someone will know)
Haven't heard much at all about boiling problems with the GG. KTM 300's yes. With a 2K3 you could easily rig up a fan if you were worried about it.
I would respring/revalve for your weight but heck ride it and see how it is.
BRP radiator guards
EE/Moose are the same thing, Cycra, Fastway all nice. BONZ mounts are slick.
The Moose competition shields (not Evolution) are really nice and SUPER flexible (for crashing) which I like. 2 different profiles as well
From those who have an 08 the seat is much better than the 07 BRICK
G2 throttle cam you might like on a 300
Scotts make a beefy rear disk protector
Chain guide looks wimpy but really does the job from all reports. LT makes a beefier upgrade if you desire

I'm sure others will add more

Good luck with it

From jealous Skidad in MA
Skidad,
Man you have been wanting one of these forever. I'll trade your jealousy for one p****d off wife !!!! But its getting better.She just stop yelling . Maybe she's got a sore throat or something.
I was looking at the Cycra hand guards.The CRM versions. A bit pricey though.
G fasters will trade ignitions for 125.00. My 07 300 Keep Tinkering More has the 2k2 and my Sons 08 300 has the 2k3. On slow speed technical it is hard to tell the difference. They both have excellent grunt in the basement.The 08 is more tractable in the mid to upper.(slower revving) Neither one will stall unless we are really asking for it.
I would really like to get the stock lighting kit for the GG but it sounds like it is expensive and G fasters is out of stock. Probably go with Acrebis.

Thanks for the replies !