View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 11:49 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven
Default Suddenly idle seems lean ... help!!

My bike has been fine and the only recent change has been from mogul 710 to belray h1r 2t oil - both mixed 40:1.

The last two rides the bike has shown v lean tendencies at idle and low rpm (where it used to chug previously) it is reving higher and surging and the chugging up climbs became more like riding a yz125 than an ec300.

The last ride (it was colder) i eventually stopped and lifted the needle (although running open road the bike seemed to run fine) and this helped a bit. I suspected that since nothin had been changed maybe the pilot jet had become partially blocked so took the carb off yesterday to clean it and all looks fine (the float pin fell off while removing the carb but not sure if this was from all the jiggling or if it had previously worked loose if that is possible)

Everything seemed fine but the float height seemed a bit high - float was angled downwards when the fuel closed - but I could ride the bike flat out on the way home without any issues and I am sure this could not change by itself?

Not sure where to look next if the cleanout doesn't help? Plug?

I will check the rubber boot between carb and reeds for leaks but surely that would affect all areas?

Any ideas?

Running 38 as2
Nedj on second clip (changed to 3rd on the ride but this made open Richie)
Main 170
Pilot 40
Altitude 700-1000m (ride 3 weeks ago -before the issue appeared - in warm weather with no complaints was from 600m to 1800m)