View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 08:08 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcon View Post
I am by no means a jetting guru, but if I were you I would try adjusting the air screw as it has much more effect on idle than the needle position. It could be that it has been colder lately and you were border line lean before but now it is too lean. There also could be a slight viscosity difference with your new oil, or it could also be a combination of both things. The jetting 101 sticky in this section of the forum has some great information too. Good luck!
that is the strange thing. on the ride 2 weeks ago (when i first noticed the issue) the day started cool and got hot (28?C) but was at lower altitude (400-800m) and it got worse later on the ride (slow riverbed at about 400m and the hottest part of the ride). the last 10km was on the road and i wound it up to clean out the pipes and it ran perfectly there wide open (this has been a bit rich at higher altitudes where i normally ride so i expected it to be better down there) until i ran out of gas 100m from my van

then when i got home and warmed the bike up and idled it the air screw seemed right and it didn't have the lean idle, everything was fine, but i didn't take it for a ride.
when i rode this weekend it initially idled fine in the parking lot (and every now and again out on the ride) but once i started riding it had the same hanging/surging idle (but worse than the weekend before - possibly because it was much cooler 11?C)