View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgasgasec300 View Post
Im the proud new owner of a new 2006 GasGas EC300 and found that the tacho doesnt operate on the multi function display. After asking the shop to repair or replace the cause i was told the tacho isnt used on the 2 strokes. Is there a fix or an adaptation so that the tacho works with the 2 strokes. Seems a real waste to have the cool new multi display and not use all the features.

Im a newbie to gasgas bikes but love this 300 2 banger, will chug up the narliest hill and launch you to the horizon with a twist of the wrist.

Chris
Why don't the people who sell these know how to hook it up? You would think they'd have more of a clue than a few guys on a web forum.
I'm not taking credit for it, I think it was Kent? that told me how to do it when I asked.
But anyway, check smackover's forum as I and others have posted how to connect it up. And yes it works , but rarely do you have time to look at it!
It is good for verifying idle speed, plus it stores max rpm to check how the gearing is working though. You can even set the max rpm, so it starts blinking when you hit whatever rpm you set it to.