Thread: Weird jetting!
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 01:19 PM

So i'm back to riding after knee surgery. I haven't put any time into jetting the bike yet but I have recently fouled 3 plugs from riding with my kids.

The temperature here has been quite high for the past few weeks witch could be one reason for the plugs fouling more than usual (fouled only 1 in the first two years).

Since I usualy ride with my kids now I rarely go over 1/2 throtle.

Yesterday, after some normal kid speed riding we stopped at the truck for a break but I took off down the dirt road to try to ''clean up'' my bike. It runs great at WOT. After that the silencer smoked for a while, Im guessing the heat caused from WOT running was burning up the excess unburnt gas and oil. It ran better after doing this and for the rest of the ride I hung out at the back of the group and let them go for a while before going to catch up, this allowed me to run at higher speeds with more throtle. The bike definetly likes been riden that way. I also noticed that there was some spooge running down the outside of the silencer for the first time since I've had the bike.

Would I be wrong in thinking at low speeds and 0 to 1/2 throtle i'm too rich?