View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 04:15 AM

Default I love my Gasser - again..

Just completed the Chiltern Hills 2 + 2 hour Hare and hounds and my bike was the dogs. (05 300EC).

With the jetting working sweet it only needed 1 gear in the woods and sounded great with enough smooth power out of the corners to accelerate quick but still smooth enough in real greasy conditions to hook up. This also meant if following a slower rider if an opportinity to pass came up a twist of the throttle was all that was needed and was a huge advantage passing people in the woods as there would be no time to change gear on a less powerful bike or not for me anyway.

On the fast grassy section this was a joy for the 300 every lap I was overtaking people left right and centre. I could overtake late on the brakes into corners and overtake on power out of corners and on top speed as well! That includes out-dragging every 4 stroke I came across (a lot) and quads as well (they are pretty fast on flat smooth grass!). If I had more corner speed then I just shot past them like they didn't exist but a lot of good riders were exiting at a similar speed to me but they were still eaten by the 300.

The other area was really steep short hills, sometimes very greasy. Here I could just pick a high gear and get the throttle well open and the rear would find traction to get me up whilst making a lovely induction roar.

Results aren't out yet but I enjoyed the event so much I'm a winner any way. Bring on the next event!
'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)