View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
I like the GG but it starts to really annoy me. And I have a very good offer for probably the last brand new 2019 300 race edition. But I will try a few things, then decide.
It sounds very good what you say about the Beta. The suspension is my only concern...
The suspension is actually very little concern without throwing ridiculous $$ at things like DelSagio etc.

For the price of a fork revalve with any piston mods you can swap any number of Showa/KYB forks directly into the beta. Many have the exact same overall length and lug offset so there is ZERO geometry change and the Sachs spring dimensions interchange with the KYBs. IF you go Beta, try the forks and if you aren't happy after a break in and test period swap in KYB if you don't thing a simple revalve will get you where you want. 2 of my buddies who have left GG to Beta are happy/content with their forks. One on ZF open chambers and one on CC Race forks.

I wanted more out of them and didn't want to dump a bunch of $$ so I swapped mine to Honda KYB forks and axle with a set of custom spacers for a total of $575us. That included all shipping and a KYB OEM fork rebuild kit and 2liters of fork oil. I already had the KYB cap wrench and did the work myself.

Again, best of luck either way.