View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I wouldn't even bother with the temp sender slosh. I've put over 600 engine hours over a couple of engines north of you, and never had any temp related issues. I think I've boiled the coolant twice. Riding at walking pace up big hills, coupled while testing jetting in a needle position too lean.

Wiring wise, easy enough to find 12VAC to tap into. Getting that back to DC takes some work. You could either try and source an inline rectifier like the horn uses, or you could potentially use the corrected signal from the horn.. or you could grab a cheap as chips Trail tech vapor/vector that will happily accept AC as an input and use that instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser Nate View Post
As above, temp senders on 2t?s are next to useless. I?ve had them and wouldn?t bother again.
The ace well units were ok, but they stopped importing them and the trail tech is a much easier unit to live with and wire up. A reliable Dc power source on the early bike is a pain. I?d be selling or swapping the ace well for a trail tech. The tacho function is average at best on them too.
Thanks guys, made my decision easy, I'll dice the Acewell and get myself another Trail Tech Vapour, Ive got one on my WRF and I like it a lot. just looked up the manual and yes I can see it takes AC & DC.

Shed: 2018 TC250, 2010 WR450F Supermoto, 2008 RM125, 2007/2002 300SX hybrid, 2006 YZ250F TC222 Replica build, 2002 EC200