Thread: New GasGas name
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 10:59 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Canada

Love our friends to the North! Dave Fair is one of the nicest guys i know but i will be the first to admit, we struggled taking care of Canada.

Your laws with regards to an "enduro" needing reflectors, and licensing were a pain in the So we need to look at that closer and maybe only offer XC versions and let the customer convert on their own. Not sure yet....

Retail unit price. I would secretly get orange, white, and blue bike dealer pricing sheets and shook my head at how it was possible (not so much blue). The Austrians subsidize the pricing for Canadian market for certain and for us to even be close didn't give the best margins for us or the dealer. For the most part, our dealers understood and were patient.

Parts shipping is costly too with the taxes. US Postal by far cheapest but 6 to 10 day delivery....while Fed Ex could get it there quicker, but most certainly way more expensive.

Long story short? Yes, for now (until a Rieju importer is found for Canada) we will offer to our northern dealers a program, just not defined yet.