View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 03:46 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyx View Post
I have been struggling with a weak spark issue: http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25181

Now that I finally have a new stator installed, I noticed that - while using the kick start (no plug installed) - coolant comes out of the spark plug hole as well as between the cylinder and engine block.

Is this a 'fatal' damage? I mean while lacking the tools & know-how, would it make any sense to have the engine repaired?
it will definitely make it hard to start lol

possibly not a difficult fix if it is just base gaskets and head o-rings. but before that make sure that the bolts are actually tight and that the coolant isn't moisture sitting in the crank from a drowning

if it isn't the bolts then when you remove the cylinder to replace gasket try to check that the bottom end bearing hasn't had a chance to rust from moisture in the engine

but you do need to get it fixed, if you loose all coolant (will happen faster as the bike warms and builds pressure in the coolant system) you will really damage your bike