View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 05:24 AM

I had a lot of different issues with my e-start. my2018. New bendix cover with bearings help a little and all the bearings must be in very good shape. My problems ended, when added li-ion battery, 48wh. This starter s?stem doesnt work, if battery voltage is below 13v on mine, it doesn't care about starting amps very much. If battery has more than 13v to give, it starts cold, hot, ingear, no problems whatsoever. If voltage is below 13v, u may forget u have e-start, even diesel car battery with 800A starting current straight to starter motor makes only clanking sound, if below 13v.
My sisters boyfriend has same bike, his is acting the same. I interchaged many parts between them (mine had issues, his didnt) and last thing was battery, a fully charged one.
One problem still exists, battery charging is too a little bit low on my bike for getting 100% from the battery. I belive the starter engine is wrongly built inside, is there too many or less roundings on the copper wire or are they too thick or thin, i dont know, but it should be possible to rewire them to work higher rpm's on 12 voltage.

24v system was on my mind also, and i'm sure, it helps, but i dont want to carry 2 batterys and make electrical system more complicated, this bike needs simplicity. Rewiring starter motor should do the trick, do we have anybody who is very familiar with electric motors?