View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 02:02 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

From the details and description from the Stark people themselves, this bike is a very good starting point for the electric future. The big question is of course if the bike will be as good as they claim.

From what I read, they address most issues when designing a bike in the "correct" manner. They seem to know what they are doing, motorcycle wise.

My biggest concern at this point in time is the battery capacity that seems to be too low for this bike to be an enduro bike capable of doing a 2-hour race like the ones we do around here. Also, there seems to be no quick replacement of the battery pack. Hence, no chance of going into the pits, replace battery in hurry, go out again.
But I could of course be wrong.

Anyway, I like the concept. Having an electric motor with the right controller and right software should enable it to do as they claim, to be able to tune the motor charateristics to each rider's liking. And the KYB suspenseion is well known. I am looking forward to seeing the bike in the flesh.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc