View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
I think your plan make sense and you are on the correct path. I think a 175 main should be closer but you may also try a 172. What slide do you have?

Setting the float level is critical. Make sure both individual floats are aligned with each other on a flat surface before you set the height in the carb. After you set the float level make sure the carb is level in the bike. It can be kind of difficult since the carb is mounted on a complex angle relative to the bike. I find it easiest to put the bike on a stand, with the tank off and use a level across the hoop/ tank portion of the frame to make sure the bike is straight first then I use a level across the top of the carb with the screw cap top off.
Thank you. I'm now waiting for more jets to arrive. I've ordered all sizes from 170-185 mains and 40-48 pilots. My other bikes are all in that ball park anyway so they will be useful for those anyway.

The carb float level seems good and the floats are aligned. It doesn't leak at all if the fuel is on and the bike is upright. If you lean the bike over it will dribble a little. Carb is level in the frame too.

I'll swap one jet out at a time so I know where I am. Will try and get the low throttle openings sorted first.