View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 06:19 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb300 View Post
Was riding my 2018 XC300 last weekend and was running fine until I killed the engine for about . I attempted to use estart to restart it but ended up having to kick it about 20 times before it fired up and ran fine for about 5 minutes until I killed the engine again. After not starting I found that there isn't any spark. I have checked over the bike and the only thing I could find was continuity between the yellow and black and earth kill switch wires when using estart or kicker. Is this a CDI issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you try to disconnect the kill switch?
I don't know about the 18 models, but on earlier bikes the kill switch grounds the ignition signal. If it is faulty, perhaps it grounds it all the time, not only when pushed in.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc