View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:26 PM

I finally got some time to really ride my GasGas and I must say the more I ride it the more I enjoyed it. I have decided to sell my 03 KTM 300 EXC instead (after the Enduro next weekend, it has a street plate) and keep my EC 250. I do like the engine a little better in the KTM it seems smoother and shifting isn't as critical, also the suspension doesn't bottom like the GasGas does. The GasGas seems lighter and much easier to handle and I feel like I can ride faster with more confidence.
Somethings I would like to change on my GasGas.
1) Seems just a little small for my height (5' 11") maybe lower foot pegs?
2) Seems way too soft for my weight, what isn't at 217# ? Any suggestions on stiffing it up without spending a fortune? I'm only a Senior C rider on a budget and only ride occasionally.
3) That shifting lever is way too short for my #12 boots. Anyone make a longer one? I had to take mine off, heat and bend it just so I could use it, if I moved it up a notch on the spline it would hit the front sprocket guard on the up shifts.
4) When I was visiting my parents a couple of weeks ago I took my Dad's bulldozer out and built a small moto cross track with a couple of small jumps and a lot of turns on a hillside, it worked great on this except for the mentioned soft suspension. The engine seems to have a good mid range hit that was fun but I think if I had a little better bottom end and a smoother hit I would enjoy the bike even more. I did unplug the wires in the airbox and put it in the rainy mode and it seemed a little smoother and I felt like I could ride a little faster that way. Did I mention It handles really well!
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
I also still have whats left of the 1 year warranty that came with the bike when I bought it, so I would really be crazy for selling it. It's a keeper
Ash